The CISCE too had earlier announced a reduction of up to 25 percent in the syllabus for Classes 10 and 12
The Central Board for Secondary Education (CBSE) has curtailed the syllabus for classes 9 to 12 by up to 30 per cent. This was announced by the Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank today.
Taking to Twitter, he said, “Looking at the extraordinary situation prevailing in the country and the world, CBSE was advised to revise the curriculum and reduce course load for the students of Class 9th to 12th. To aid the decision, a few weeks back I also invited suggestions from all educationists on the reduction of #SyllabusForStudents2020 and I am glad to share that we received more than 1.5K suggestions. Thank you, everyone, for the overwhelming response. Considering the importance of learning achievement, it has been decided to rationalize syllabus up to 30% by retaining the core concepts.”
Looking at the extraordinary situation prevailing in the country and the world, #CBSE was advised to revise the curriculum and reduce course load for the students of Class 9th to 12th. @PMOIndia @HMOIndia @PIB_India @MIB_India @DDNewslive @cbseindia29 @mygovindia— Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank (@DrRPNishank) July 7, 2020
Earlier, the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) too had earlier announced a reduction of up to 25 percent in the syllabus for Classes 10 and 12.
“While a number of CISCE affiliated schools have tried to adapt to this changed scenario and have tried to keep alive the teaching learning process through online classes, there has been a significant shortening of the academic year and loss of the instructional hours,” a statement from the CISCE had said.
It is to be noted that not so long ago the Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi, Manish Sisodia, had suggested a 30% reduction in syllabus for students, keeping in mind the havoc caused by the coronavirus pandemic. In fact, it has been widely reported that Mr Sisodia also pitched for a 50 percent deduction during a meeting with officials of the education department.
Universities and schools have remained shut across the country since mid-March, ever since the novel coronavirus complicated social life for people. Soon after, the government announced a lockdown in the country on March 24.
Visva-Bharati admission process to begin online from August 10
Tripura board to conduct ‘Bochor Bachao’ exams to save students from year loss
‘Conduct JEE, NEET as scheduled’: Gujarat Parents Association moves Supreme Court
Banaras Hindu University reschedules entrance exam for undergraduate and postgraduate courses
IISc develops mobile testing labs for COVID-19; Karnataka government launches in state
Delhi’s educational board to be operational by 2021, says Manish Sisodia
IIT Ropar to get Rs 110 crore for technology innovation hub
KMAT 2020: Online application window open till August 31
Chhattisgarh Open School to take board exams in assignment-based format