Focus on application of knowledge and skill development
Can you pore over maps for hours, trying to decipher them in detail? Are you fascinated by satellites? Then JIS University has just the right course for you to chart your career path.
The institute offers a two-year post-graduate course in Remote Sensing and GIS. The MSc programme is split into four semesters. The first three semesters are devoted to exhaustive course work. The fourth semester has two compulsory elective courses and a research project where students will work in close association with subject matter experts.
The course is aimed at equipping students with knowledge and training on on-trend technologies so that they can take up projects relevant to industrial needs and R&D activities and find self-employment opportunities.
Anyone with a background in science or technology background. Ability to think independently, work collaboratively, an eye for detail and management skills will come in handy.
Priority areas in curriculum:
• Fundamentals of Remote Sensing, Platforms and Sensors, Fundamentals of Geographic Information System, Digital Cartography, Statistical concepts in RS, Surveying and Global Positioning System
• Geostatistics & Statistical applications in GIS, Information Extraction from Satellite Images, GIS Data Analysis, Geodesy, Digital Image Processing, Application of Geo-informatics, Spatial decision support system
• Thermal and Microwave Remote Sensing, Hyper Spectral Remote Sensing and Lidar, Radar Systems, Satellite Techniques, Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in Resource Management
• Computational and Photogrammetric Lab, GIS Lab, RS Lab, Digital Signal and Image Processing Lab, Earth Science and Geology Lab
• Modern classroom with projector set-up and other features
• State-of-the-art digital laboratory with latest version of ERDUS, ENVI, ArcGIS and many other image processing softwares
• Adequate number of LCD computers with high-speed internet facility
• Internship facilities equipped with Global Positioning System (GPS), Total Station and Water Quality Analyser, Doppler Weather Radar (DWR) data recording and interpretation
• Intensive tutorials for both theory and lab
• Individual care for enhancing academic level
• Assessment and management of natural resources
• Radio signal studies
• Coastal mapping
• Natural hazards and disasters
• Suitability analysis for crops and specific land use features
• Network analysis and shortest route delineation
• BSc (honours) with at least 50 per cent marks in Electronics/Physics/Mathematics/Geography/ Geology/ Applied Geology/ Geophysics/ Geo Informatics/ Oceanography/ Environmental Science or any equivalent degree
• Technical Programme Manager
JIS University plans to have more special papers with priority on challenging interdisciplinary fields of science and technology, setting up a modern laboratory for weather, atmospheric and radio astronomy studies; and developing an experimental project laboratory of radio signal reception from ELF to VHF band for spectral analysis in perturbed atmosphere.
SAMS Odisha Plus 3 second merit list released
Odisha class 10 supplementary results 2020 declared, here’s how to check
6 Reasons Why You Need A Degree In Management
14 PhD students of IIT Guwahati selected as PM’s research fellows
NEET 2020: Apply for change of nationality from Indian to NRI by October 23
Science olympiads go online this year