The decision was taken in a meeting headed by the Executive Council of the Central university on Friday.
The Visva-Bharati University has decided to scrap all written and practical examinations for the final year semester. The varsity announced an assessment scheme for the cancelled examinations 2020. According to the notification, the university is going to evaluate the final scores by awarding 60 percent marks as the average of two best semester scores and the rest 40 percent under two other heads in view of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The decision was taken in a meeting headed by the Executive Council of the Central university on Friday. The council also decided that for the remaining papers of school certificate examinations 2020, there will be 80 per cent internal assessment and 20 per cent viva (online) conducted by the schools by a panel of examiners, the official said.
For terminal semester exams of undergraduate and postgraduate courses, the council decided not to conduct any written or practical exams, and there will be an internal assessment of 20 percent of the full marks of each programme. For 60 per cent of the total marks, an average of two best semester scores will be given while rest 20 percent of the marks will be awarded based on dissertation, project and home assignments which will be sent online by the student to the teacher concerned for evaluation.
For the courses where there is no provision of internal assessment, the evaluation of such papers may be made on the basis of the total marks submitted by the head of the department such as dissertation/project works/home assignments/credit seminar/ RA We etc.
For certificate, foreign and other casual courses, grades will be given based on the assignment/presentation conducted online. Only the marksheet fees of Rs 50 will be charged during online form fill up.
While talking about the notice, Students Federation Of India leader of Visva-Bharati, Somnath Sau said: "We have been opposing conducting written exams and opting for an alternative way of evaluation."
He expressed immense satisfaction that finally Visva-Bharati authorities have agreed to go for alternative ways of evaluation considering the present situation.
Visva-Bharati admission process to begin online from August 10
Tripura board to conduct ‘Bochor Bachao’ exams to save students from year loss
‘Conduct JEE, NEET as scheduled’: Gujarat Parents Association moves Supreme Court
Banaras Hindu University reschedules entrance exam for undergraduate and postgraduate courses
IISc develops mobile testing labs for COVID-19; Karnataka government launches in state
Delhi’s educational board to be operational by 2021, says Manish Sisodia
IIT Ropar to get Rs 110 crore for technology innovation hub
KMAT 2020: Online application window open till August 31
Chhattisgarh Open School to take board exams in assignment-based format