World University of Design: New courses in management, architecture, design and performing arts
All programmes approved by the UGC
World University of Design (WUD), Haryana, has announced several new courses for design students in the new session.
The courses cover the fields of management, architecture, design and performing arts.
New courses in management (BBA 3 years, MBA 2 years)
- Design Strategy & Innovation: In an interdisciplinary way, the course enables students to practice design strategy keeping in mind its execution. In addition to dedicated studio space, students have access to model-making, rapid prototyping and multimedia technology.
- Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence & Design Thinking: The future of the business world is focused to use advanced technologies to take businesses forward. The programme is driven to help students make potent decisions, by making most optimal use of emerging technologies and design thinking.
- Service Design: The programme is conceptualised to cater to the needs of the service sector, including healthcare, finance, IT, travel, retail, education and even oil and gas.
New courses for architecture (M.Arch 2 years)
- Sustainable Architecture: The two-year master’s course aims at nurturing a specific skillset in students directed towards sustainability through green building, its certifications, climate responsive design simulation processes, and buildings science. The course will help students prepare for GRIHA and/or LEED certifications.
- Digital Architecture: Digital technology is an indispensable part of our lives and so has made its way into architecture and is revolutionising it. This course will cover various digital software tools and its design processes (parametric and generative), architectural visualisation, advanced construction, and building automation, integrating AR/VR and Architecture, Parametric Software skill sets, Digital fabrication and material research, Digital Design, Robotic interface and interactive architecture Design Tools, Artificial Intelligence etc.
Design (BDes 4 years, MDes 2 years)
- Computer Science & Design: This course is designed to achieve just such an interdisciplinary skill-set and equip graduates for many opportunities across many fields such as the arts, entertainment/ games, mobile application development, multimedia, product/web design, cyber security, digital analytics and other interactive systems across all sectors.
- User Experience & Interaction Design: The course is professionally focused to equip students with the specialist skills to conceive, prototype and produce human-centered experiences in an interactive digital context. It will provide students with an experience in working on live industry briefs covering varied topics such as UX for wearable technologies, smart cities, data visualization and social transformation.
Performing Arts (BPA/Integrated MPA/MPA Music/ Dance/ Theatre) courses:
The world of Performing Arts is ever-changing. The added courses in performing arts are aimed at nurturing a professional not only in the field of specialisation, but also throughout various fields in terms of performance management, production, promotion and presentation. The programme is strategically designed to prepare graduates not only towards a career in the entertainment industry — a prime ground for the performing arts — but also in the corporate and developmental world.
WUD is India's first and only university dedicated to education in the creative domain and all degrees are UGC-approved.